The Best Air Mattress for Kids
- Inflatable bed made specially for kids; sleep surface measures 50 by 25 inches
- Constructed of heavy-duty PVC with electronically welded seams
- 4-inch-high surround safety cushion helps kids stay on the bed
- Included AC pump inflates bed in under a minute; deflates in under 15 seconds
- Comes with thick, washable, fitted mattress pad with star and moon design
- Comes with carrying bag
- Weighs 11 lbs.
- Most comfortable air mattress we’ve tried.
- Quick set up and take down.
- Raised sides keep kids from rolling out.
- Comes with fitted sheet.
- A/C power outlet required for inflation (might be tricky when camping).
- Too big/heavy to pack with regular luggage.
When we traveled by air with this air mattress, we added the kids blankets and pillows to the carrying case and then we checked the entire bag. The bag is just a duffel bag with a drawstring. We tied it in a knot and ours was never ripped or damaged. The downside is if you have to pay for checked bags, you might want to consider whether this is worth the extra bag fee. If you have a very sensitive sleeper, it is probably worth the extra cost.
If you are using the mattress on hard flooring instead of carpet, it is a good idea to put a blanket under the mattress. This helps prevent punctures and also keeps the mattress from squeaking on the floor and waking everyone up.
I have personally tried several brands of air mattresses, but I have never found a comfortable one until I slept on an AeroBed. I recommend this brand with confidence after using it for many years.
*Disclaimer: I am reviewing this product by my own choice. AeroBed is not sponsoring this post and I am not receiving compensation for it. Regardless of whether or not I am compensated for posts, I promise to always give my honest opinion on any products I discuss on this website. This post does contain Amazon links for your shopping convenience. When you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission, which will go toward the operation of this website. Thank you for your support!