Are you flying through DFW Airport for the holidays? We will be! I was excited to learn of some new things the airport has to offer to help make your trip more pleasant:
DFW has returned with a new and improved app – the perfect addition for your holiday travels. With the latest app, you’ll have everything you need to discover DFW and what’s next.
Features in Version 3.0:
- View your flight information on the enhanced flight dashboard
- Stay informed with live flight information updates
- View the latest weather forecast for DFW and your desired destination
- Overview map of DFW’s Parking products with detailed information on rates and availability
- Browse through over 200 shops, dining options, services and explore what’s within 5 minutes from your gate
- Navigate DFW through our interactive map with turn-by-turn, detailed directions
- Within the map, view information, menus, and photos on points of interests
The feature I like best for flying with families is the “Services” page. You can search services to find children’s play areas (Gate A13, B12, C14) and Nursing Rooms (I’m disappointed to see there is only one, at A18). I learned there is a yoga studio at D40 as well as a new one in Terminal E! And Power Charging stations throughout each terminal. The app can tell you where the nearest charging station is.
What I’d like to see in the app is up-to-date wait times for TSA security checkpoints. The way DFW is spread out, you could walk to the next TSA security checkpoint if the one you are at is backed up. But you wouldn’t want to lose your spot in line if the next checkpoint has just as long of a wait.
If you are traveling through DFW Airport and enjoying the holiday displays, take a photo! Share on social media using the hashtag #DFWfindJOY. Word on the street is there might be an elf in the terminal giving treats when people use the #DFWfindJOY hashtag. I’m curious to know! We’d love to see your holiday travel pictures too! Use hashtag #CloudSurfingKidsholiday if you’re flying through DFW with your kids (or any airport) and posting photos of the holiday decorations.
- FREE WiFi throughout the aiport, provided by AT&T
- FREE power outlet (check app for locations)
- Enhanced cellular service for those not connecting to WiFi
- Give yourself extra time to combat lines, enjoy the decorations, and create a calm atmosphere for your family.
- Don’t bring presents wrapped (in case TSA needs to see what’s inside).
- Sign up for TSAPreCheck to save time in the lines.
Are you flying through DFW? Send us your photos! We’re not planning to be there until the end of December, and I’d love to see what festive spots you find at DFW or any airport! Share with us in the comments below, or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Don’t forget to tag #CloudSurfingKidsHoliday!